Traumatic Brain Injury Recovery | 10 Things My Doctor Didn’t Tell Me
10 things I wish the doctors would have told me about traumatic brain injury recovery before I left the hospital.
Though 50 years ago very little was known about the subject and “a bit of a miracle” that I survived to share this “info” with you!
1. No Two TBI’s Are the Same
2. There Are Groups with Resources to Help TBI Survivors and Caregivers
3. There Are Some Very Common Deficits after a TBI
4. There is No Time Threshold for Recovery
5. Spend Some Time Investigating Alternative Approaches to Dealing with Your Symptoms
6. BEWARE of Overstimulation
7. Balance Pushing Yourself and Allowing Down Time
8. Physical Fatigue
9. You Will Be Living with an Invisible Injury
10. Accepting the new normal *
11. (bonus) Head/brain injuries affect/impact people in different ways
View original post 128 more words